Manchester District Nursing Institution Fund
Grants for individuals
The majority of grants awarded are for individuals. Grants may be made for the relief of people living in the City of Manchester, Salford or Trafford who are on low income and are sick, convalescent or disabled, which are calculated to alleviate their suffering or assist in their recovery. No grant may be made directly to relieve rates, taxes or other public funds. The area covered by the Fund is the “Cities of Manchester, Salford and Trafford”. The Trustees meet to review applications every month.
Funding for community projects
The Trustees may also consider applications from registered charities or voluntary organisations for specific community projects or pieces of work. These applications can be made in the January of each year. Information about the funding programme for community projects can be found below:
Who may apply?
Please check the following criteria. If your client(s) or project(s) meet any of these criteria then please continue reading the guidelines.
• Registered charities or voluntary organisations that provide assistance to residents living in Manchester, Salford or Trafford.
• Your beneficiaries must be in financial need and have a medical condition or be recovering from a condition which impacts on their ability to provide the items requested for themselves.
What do we support?
• Trustees are flexible in what they award a grant for. The need must be specific and help to alleviate the beneficiaries’ suffering whether this is financial or medical relief.
• You can apply for a grant of £500 – £5,000 but be aware that requests always exceed our limited resources.
• Your application should detail a specific project or piece of work which your organisation provides as part of its overall service delivery.
• Projects funded must be delivered within the next 12 months.